Thursday, June 18, 2015

Empire Prairie Outing

We did have good weather for the Empire Prairies Natural Area outing.  They don't mow much there and I had hoped to get there before the grass got too tall.  I could just barely see over it ... I guess that's not too tall.  Various long vistas at this site.  Here's one.  I liked the rock in the foreground.  There's a little glare on this photo but you can get the gist of it.

Pat, really liked your watercolor in your last post.  Reminded me of Edward Seago's paintings.  I'm attaching one,  practically identical!

Tom



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Actually the English watercolorist I was copying admired the paintings of Seago so that's why you would be reminded of him. Your painting is really nice, Tom. I like that sunlight on the top of the hill and on the grasses in front.

      Delete
  2. Nice shadows, Tom - looks like it was a dramatic scene!

    ReplyDelete