Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 16th Plein Air Painting

It was a beautiful evening so I am guessing all the DCPAPA painters had a good time at the Westport Drumlin site.  Unfortunately I have been forbidden by my physical therapist to go out painting (or just about anything else) until my right knee heals.  So I did the next best thing and painted the sky over my patio and copied the scene from a book about watercolor painting by an English artist, James Fletcher-Watson.  I've been trying to learn about painting skies and trees.  Sometimes copying is one of the best ways to learn because you find out what works and what doesn't. It is always much harder than it looks.  I painted this on Arches 140 lb. cold-pressed.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Pat! Sorry you won't be able to join us. Hopefully, your knee will heal soon.

    ReplyDelete