Sunday, October 11, 2020

Salmo Pond and A Groundhog

 When we were are the pond last week I saw a big fat groundhog run down this path and came back this week to sketch him and the trail for my Inktober sketch.  So far I'm on track and have done my Inktober sketch the first 10 days of the month.  The only rule is that the sketch must be done in ink and posted somewhere even if only on your fridge.  https://inktober.com/


 The sketchbook is an 11x14 Hannemuhle Nostalgie which has great paper for ink.  I used a Sailor Fude pen and a Kuretake brush pen with Noodlers Lexington Grey which is my favorite sketching ink. A warm grey that's a bit more subtle than black.  The groundhog was drawn from a photo.  They are not very cooperative subjects.  There's still lots more days in October so give an ink landscape a try & post it here or on your fridge.  It's fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this Pat. I admire your discipline to sketch everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trisha - I've been making it a rule to draw something every day no matter how small or quick. Often once I start I keep going for awhile. It's the only way to improve drawing skills and I have a lot of room for improvement!

    ReplyDelete