Friday, October 16, 2020

Prairie Flowers - August 2020

 I still have to finish my Ice Age Trail drawing from Lodi.   This is a pastel I did at Holy Wisdom Monastery in August.  I spent much of 3 weeks out there then painting the prairie flowers. Great weather and I rented a room for the day so I could get meals cooked by their excellent chef.  It was like a nice vacation and got me away from the racket while the city tore up my neighborhood for new streets and sewers..  I don't usually do such large pastels outdoors but it was fun.  The asters out there this fall have been just gorgeous and I hope to do some studio paintings of them.

Hope we can do some more dates in November and maybe some snow paintings on less frigid days this winter.   

Soft pastels on Pastelmat 17 x 21


3 comments: