Monday, September 18, 2017

A few paintings from Wexford, Ireland

I am sorry, I haven't joined the group for some time due to summer traveling and beginning of school year. In early August I spent a week in Wexford, Ireland at the Plein Air festival. It was a great event, attended by about 120 artists from Europe, Asia and the US. There were daily paint-outs, workshops on location, a quick draw event and a final exhibit at the Green Acres Gallery in Wexford. The festival was very well organized with a major focus on painting. Spectacular Irish scenery and generally good weather, fantastic food and excellent company of so many wonderful artist made this event truly special!  I managed to complete ten paintings at the festival altogether. Here;s a sampler. :-)  They are all oil on Raymar board, 12"x16", except for the boats (10"x12").




4 comments:

  1. Yea Darya, I could have painted at Wexford too but I decided to paint at Evansville ... it's more of a premier event. ;-) But seriously, really a nice collection of paintings. I especially like the last one with the people around the sailboat. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tom! There's always next year http://www.artintheopen.org :-))) I hope to do again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Darya. I am so glad you got to go to this event; it sounds just wonderful. I agree with Tom about the last one - it is excellent. Love the surf in the lighthouse painting, too. Smart of you to take those Raymar panels; they are so well made and nice to paint on. Completing 10 paintings is really impressive. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Partricia. It was wonderful, so much to paint, so much variety! I'll post a few more.

    ReplyDelete