Friday, January 16, 2015

First Plein Air Outing for 2015

Indian Lake Park

6 x 9 
10 x 16
 Yesterday the temperature was supposed to be 35 F but at Indian Lake with an approx 20 mph wind it was definitely colder.  The problem with pastels is that when it is cold it is like painting with ice cubes and you can't wear gloves.  Still it makes me work faster which often is a plus.  I stayed near my car so I could warm up before my fingers got frostbitten.  Love those heated seats! It was fun, though and as the sun went down the wind dropped so I took a nice walk and got some good reference photos to work from. I felt pretty pleased to have my first plein air session of 2015 done by mid January.  I am awaiting delivery of my new Open Box M oil paint box.  At least you can wear gloves when oil painting! Tom Gilbert said he got out yesterday, too so I hope he'll post his painting. All DCPAPA painters are welcome to email any winter paintings (they don't need to have been painted outdoors) to me or Tom and we will happily post them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment