Monday, July 7, 2014

Spring Green Preserve - July 3rd

Above is a watercolor sketch I painted last week at the Spring Green Preserve.  It was beautiful but a bit buggy.  Right is a pastel painting of a dead tree on the main trail with the bluff in the background. I painted that in the studio from the watercolor sketch below.  I think the plein air sketches are more successful. I also enjoyed a visit to the Jura Silverman Gallery in Spring Green.  On July 19 they will have a show featuring Wisconsin artists like Jonathan Wilde & David Bielot.  Mr. Bielot paints large watercolors en plein air with gorgeous washes in them. Pretty amazing paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Pat, I especially like the watercolor of the of the hillside and clouds. Very nice feeling of movement and a nice design and overall effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very nice, Pat! I agree with Tom - that one is my favorite. I especially love the wet-in-wet look you've achieved in the sky :)

    ReplyDelete