Monday, July 8, 2019

New Life Lavender Farm

The weather took a turn for the worse on Saturday and so we only had about 6 painters show up.  There was a very light drizzle almost all morning.  We kept thinking it would end but it didn't. But it was light enough that we were mostly able to paint by using umbrellas for shelter.

I'm attaching a really nice painting that Marla Brenner did of the surrounding country side rather than the lavender fields.  I couldn't quite finish my painting on site but then worked on it at home.  I did try to include lavender fields but the result looks sort of weird to me. But I'm posting it anyway. I might title it the "Violet Rectangle".

Following painting a few of us had a nice lunch at the Driftless Glen Distillery in Baraboo.

Tom







1 comment:

  1. Well done in such crappy weather!! Plein air painting has really been a challenge this year so far.

    ReplyDelete