Saturday, April 22, 2017

Holy Wisdom Monastery

Spring greens at the monastery's pond

My first plein air oil painting of the year
It was great to get out Friday afternoon and push some paint around.  I am hoping to do a lot more painting in oils this summer so it felt good to get them out again as I haven't done an oil painting in many months. The wood ticks are always bad at the monastery and sure enough one came home with me in my hair.  Yuck!  Not my favorite part of being a plein air painter!!  I signed up for a class with Jan Norsetter and Jon Wilde for June 3rd www.lsrwa.org/get-involved/program-and-projects/adult-plein-air-workshop/ and another with Jan at Whispering Woodlands http://www.whispering-woodlands.com/id192.html in August.  Kyle Martin kyle-martin.blogspot.com/ has a 3 day plein air workshop coming up April 28 thru 30.  Not sure if that has filled up or not yet.  It was a bit too much walking for me but Kyle does great workshops and I always learn a lot in those.  It is so much fun to paint those spring greens but the do not last long enough.

1 comment:

  1. Have never been there before. The greens and the water look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete