Thursday, May 29, 2014

Toft Point - Door County


Last week I went to Door County for painting and birdwatching and was very lucky to have perfect weather with high's in the 60's & 70's.  This is a view from Toft Point in early evening.  A Pileated Woodpecker was nearby.  I tried to put into practice what I learned at Kyle Martin's recent plein air workshop mainly concentrating on values.  I also signed up for his Values Workshop for June 7 & 8.  He is going to be doing a demo painting from noon to 2pm at the opening for his new show in Reedsburg on May 31st and I am hoping to go up there for that.  His demos are very entertaining and informative.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see working in oil. Not that your pastels aren't good too, but I just like the look of oil. And this painting has some very nice things going for it. Really an enjoyable painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I've been to Toft Point and I really think you've captured the feel of the place - nice painting!

    I've also been to a couple of Kyle's workshops and find them very informative, too - he's quite talented and seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

    ReplyDelete