Sunday, May 11, 2014

Plein Air Painting Workshop

This weekend I attended a great 2 day "Spring Colors" workshop in Baraboo taught by Kyle Martin.   Kyle painted a demo painting each morning and we students painted all afternoon trying to use his suggested techniques.  Correct values and correct colors and accurate drawing were the basic things we worked on as we painted in a Baraboo neighborhood.  Now I feel like I have a plan and an approach for plein air painting to keep me busy all summer.  Kyle gave each student lots of help and individual attention and he is a very talented teacher as well as painter.  I signed up for his June "Values" workshop and highly recommend any of his workshops which are posted on his blog (kyle-martin.blogspot.com). The info for the June workshop is below. This workshop will be at his studio which is in the country between Baraboo and Reedsburg.  Should be alot of fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment