Sunday, August 9, 2020

Paint the Point

I just returned from Mineral Point after painting in their "Paint the Point" plein air event. The weather was good and the landscape and painting options there are just great. Other painters from our DCPAP list who attended were Jan Norsetter, Preeti Ojha, and Kyle Martin. We all did good work (in my opinion), with Jan winning the award for best nocturne and Kyle winning the Painter's Choice award. Preeti did an outstanding "Quick Paint" and I sold two paintings. So I may have achieved my goal of at least covering erxpenses.

One of my sold paintings was one of my better efforts so I have to post it. I titled it "Morning Glare". I'm also posting a photo of a dangerous gang of cattle who bellowed and threatened me as I was attempting to paint (behind a fence). The farmer stopped by to see what I was painting and I complained to him that his cattle were unruly. He just laughed.

Tom


3 comments: