Thursday, February 4, 2021

Yahara River

Got out on one of the recent sunny days with nice weather for painting.  I set up along the Yahara River on the Isthmus.  A State Journal photographer happened to come by and took a photo of me painting that was in yesterday's paper.  So that was nice, but my painting didn't work very well. I scraped most of it off and then re-painted it at home.  It's now much better, but may still need some fixing.  And once it dries I may add ducks on the water.  They were there in large numbers.

[Note - I updated this post since I added a few ducks in it.]

Tom





2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom, You really captured the chilly winter day in this paining. Love the composition and the water is painted so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting out there and painting. Great job on the reflections and I like your palette knife work. I'd love to see it with some Mallards on the water.

    ReplyDelete