Thursday, July 23, 2020

Yahara Place Park

Really nice evening for painting yesterday.  I'm posting my painting of a Lake Monona shore view.  Later in the evening the light turned quite nice and with the large number of sailboats on the water it looked like something that really needed painting.

Which got me thinking of how to make simple lake views interesting.  Sometimes the scene is just a horizontal strip of land with sky and water.  I guess the key is to create designs in the sky and/or water.  Just for fun I'm also posting a few other lake/water paintings that show how this might be done.  Two of these are by Marc Hansen, one of my favorite painters.  The other is by Fiona Pocock.





1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you painted the sunlight on the grass and tree in the foreground. Looks just like what it was, a beautiful summer evening. Like Marc's painting too but I had not heard of Fiona and I really love hers. I'll get busy and finish my painting up and post it withe some photos of us later. Pat

    ReplyDelete