Monday, August 13, 2018

Paint the Point 2018

Last week I participated in Mineral Point's plein air event, along with local artists Diane Washa, Jan Norsetter, and Jim Faecke.  It was an enjoyable few days of painting. Diane and Jan both won awards, and Jim should of (in my opinion). A lot of quality painters and work. The top prize went to a young painter from Illinois named Marc Anderson. He has displayed at the Madison Art Fair on the Square the last couple years.

The first morning there was a dense fog. I painted a scene that I called "Fog Lifting Over the Pasture". I didn't quite capture the effect of fog to the extent I would have liked, but, otherwise,  I'm very pleased with this painting. And same as last year, we had one evening with incredible beautiful clouds and sky that came out after a passing rain storm. I've attached a couple digital images to give you an idea of what it looked like. I was able to paint some of these clouds. Overall this is a great painting area that's worth a trip any time of the year.

Tom





2 comments:

  1. I like your painting very much!! Looks like the moment when the fog is lifting in the morning. Congratulations to Jan and Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, I very much like the fog effect in your painting! And congratulations to Jan and Diane!

    ReplyDelete