Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Indian Lake Outing

We painted yesterday evening at Indian Lake and it seemed like a mid-summer day already.  I did a twilight painting and then tried to do a nocturne.  I knew a full moon was about but it wasn't where I wanted it to be and was covered by clouds.  I started the nocturne anyway.  Intending to throw in an invented moon, but once it got darker and I turned my easel lights on, the mosquitos attacked me in swarms and I had to give it up.  But I'm still posting what I completed of the nocturne and hope to somehow complete it later.  The new shelter at Indian Lake is quite nice with good painting views, a firepit, and new rest rooms.  Might be a good spot for a plein air painters party at a later date.

Tom




5 comments:

  1. Fun night. I wish I could have seen the second one completed. :) It was going to be nice if it kept this feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good, Tom. I really like the nocturne start. That could develop into a nice painting! Bummer about the mozzies. They are making plein air a real challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the top one which looks even better in real life. Lots of fun painting last night and great to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, I really like the nocturne. I wouldn't even touch it again (you'll have to invent and, probably, break the magic of the moment feel) and leave as a beautiful etude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that nocturne is so beautiful! I hope you left it that way, its quite perfect!

    ReplyDelete