Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Ponds at Holy Wisdom Monastery and Salmo Pond


With the warmer weather I was able to get out and paint a bit yesterday at the monastery and draw today at Salmo Pond.  Today I went to Crossroads Coffee House in Cross Plains and saw Jan Norsetter's group rosemaling show and I bought one of her door crowns.  It is just beautiful as is all her work.  Several pieces including a cello had already sold and the opening is tomorrow from 5 to 7pm.  Beautiful work by Jan and two other rosemalers.  I think she is so amazing that she gets so much plein air work done AND all the rosemaling, too.  Makes me feel so lazy!  Tom came out yesterday and painted, too and it was fun to be out there painting again.  There were Buffleheads on the pond and a pair of cranes came at sunset as I have seen them do several times this month.  Maybe they will nest there?
Fisherman at Salmo Pond

Add caption

Two small gouache studies at HWM pond

No comments:

Post a Comment