Sunday, August 13, 2017

Mineral Point Plein Air

I just returned from the Paint the Point event at Mineral Point.  Others there from our group were Jan Norsetter, Diane Washa, and Jim Faecke, who, amazing enough, all won awards.  Jan won 2nd place, Diane 3rd, and Jim the Quick Paint.  And there were many quality painters who produced a lot of good work so it was quite competitive.  But apart from the competition, there was some great (but varied) weather, great scenery, good food, good painting friends, and just a fun experience, at least when I wasn't too stressed out about painting.

I'm adding an image of people viewing the quick paint paintings outside the gallery space.  And also one that shows the character of the nearby countryside.  I didn't win anything, but, darn it, I'm posting my painting just because I like it.

Check out the Arts Mineral Point Facebook page if you're interested in more info on the event.  There really is some great scenery in that area and even if you don't participate in Paint the Point, if you get a chance to paint there, be sure to do it.

Tom





No comments:

Post a Comment