Saturday, November 5, 2016

Indian Lake Paintings

Here's not only my painting from last Thursday but another Indian Lake view painted in September.  The latter is the view of the hillside above the lake from the smaller parking lot at the other end of the lake (by the dog park area).  Both of these started as plein air but also had substantial studio finishing.  Last Thursday I just ran out of time as the light disappeared quicker than I expected for an afternoon start.

I normally stop the group outings about now but if this weather continues we may be able to do one more.  Regardless, over the winter I expect many of you will still be getting out occasionally and please feel free to post your paintings.  I also want to thank all of you who came out and painted and made this a successful year for the group.  And I'll contact everyone again next spring to continue the group outings.

Tom Gilbert




5 comments:

  1. These are just incredible. Nice work Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paintings, Tom! And thanks again for another year of finding great places for us to paint!! Hope we can do another one and some this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both nice but the early September one particularly. I like the zig zag lead in on the water. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice paintings, Tom!!! And, thanks for all your efforts in organizing DCPAPA (and, to you, Pat Wafer).

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great, Tom. You've got this plein air thing down.

    ReplyDelete