Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 2016

Terrytown Barn 9x12" oil on panel by Kyle Martin
I just came across DCPAPA artist, Kyle Martin's blog http://kyle-martin.blogspot.com/  and noticed he is doing a 30 paintings in 30 day project.  Last year I tried that around the same time of year but didn't quite make it to 30.  I did well over 20, though and I felt I really learned alot.  Mine were all studio paintings and mostly still lifes.  One thing I learned was that still lifes are easier to paint than landscapes, especially plein air landscapes.  I think Kyle excels at painting en plein air.

My only recent on location paintings have been watercolor sketches in nice warm coffee shops.  I forgot how much fun and how challenging that can be.  Just a reminder that Madison also has a group called Draw: Madison that meets monthly (indoors in cold weather) for sketching and like DCPAPA is a very welcoming group.  Their events calendar can be found on their blog: http://drawmadison.blogspot.com/.

                                                   Happy New Year to DCPAPA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment