Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mineral Point 2014 Paint Out

E Survey Rd, oil on panel, 9x12"

Morning on Suthers Rd, oil on panel, 11x17"














The Mineral Point Paint Out was fun. We couldn't have had better weather. The countryside is so gorgeous the challenge is deciding what to paint.
I painted the Morning on Suthers Road on Thursday morning and the East Survey Road on Thursday evening.  It's a bit of a marathon knocking out two paintings in one day. Actually, I tried two more paintings on Thursday but didn't finish either of them (yet).

My E Survey Road (above, top) painting received an honorable mention. I was surprised and pleased to get an award. There were lots of nice paintings (including Tom Gilbert's!).

Very happy I went. The artists were friendly and it's always fun to talk "shop". The organizers had a nice get together at the Walker House on Friday evening for all the artists. I met many of the artists there. Often, at plein air events, you don't see any of the other artists or you're too busy painting to chat with them. The party was a great way to get to know and chat with many of the other artists.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jan - well deserved. It's really beautiful and I think late summer is not an easy time to make interesting paintings but yours is lovely and interesting!

    ReplyDelete