Friday, September 11, 2020

Holy Wisdom Monastery - August 2020

 With travel being pretty much out of the question this summer I spent 3 weeks off and on painting at the monastery.  The prairie was in full bloom and beautiful. So many butterflies!!  I got a room during the days with meals cooked by their excellent chef and cool off in the a/c and shower after being in the heat all day.  It also got me away from my street which was under constant and noisy construction all summer.  There's an old abandoned barn on the property I've always wanted to paint.  Mostly I worked in pastel but I did a few tiny gouache paintings, too. 

Pastel on Pastelmat 8 x 12

Gouache 2 1/2 x 3

4 comments:

  1. Pat, both of these are great. The front of the barn is especially painted well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tom! Taking that class with CP has helped a bit with figuring out color in sunlight. I might not have used those colors before I took that class and I think they worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Pat!!! I love what you're doing with pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - Anything I know about sky holes I learned from you!!

    ReplyDelete